Monday, June 6, 2016

Day Eleven

 I apologize that we have been off-line…We got behind a few days for fun reasons and then it has been challenging to find service, but we are all fine and the bus has not broken down.  Don’t give up on us and thanks for all your prayers.                                                   
Having the luxury of driving Carley and Joel’s relatively small vehicle gave the girls and me the chance to do some exploring of our own heading over the mountains to end up picnicking in a garden park in Banff. The guys stayed in the Golden area to find a hike up a river canyon that featured mountain goats living close by.  Sure enough, a mother and baby goat were spotted halfway down the several hundred foot cliff on very steep rocky terrain. Of course this added more excitement to the adventure as the hikers tried to get closer to momma and baby…I can imagine what took place, but have decided not to go there. Gordon did inform me that it was good that I was not there….not sure how to take that!

The motorhome was struggling today but the boys pulled over on their boys' day adventure, cooled her down and put more coolant in and off she went.  Just another few days and we will be in flatter terrain, but we are so thankful for the way our bus has risen to each new challenging climb in the Rockies.

  Today we had to say goodbye to Anna, but before we did we were able to do one last special thing…. visit Lake Louise (in Carley and Joel’s car), a place that has been meaningful to me (Cindy) because it was one of my dad’s favorite spots.  It is good to remember my dad and my mom and us kids standing in front of Lake Louise, gazing at that beautiful scene with admiration for the One who created it all…..so many memories of days long gone made even more precious as I share them with my kids. I hope that this trip will be one of those memories for them.  And maybe someday they will stand in front of Lake Louise with their children.




No comments:

Post a Comment